november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 20:40:57 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
Cass has been handed some diving gear as she's bothered the people in charge enough to allow her to help with some of the efforts here. She's by far trained, but with the disaster at hand, there's every hand needed on deck that one could find. And she did have a knack for pokémon, even if her own are ... very unruly.

"Hey, are you Yuina Higashi?" Cass swims over to a familiar figure with the help of her Empoleon. She is pretty sure they never talked, but maybe ... a certain kidnapping incident. However, she does her best to forget that for the moment, looking cheerful amidst the spreading chaos. "I was told I could help you with a coral reef here."

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 23:57:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Sat astride Daikenki's back, Yuina had already made her way towards the afflicted section of the crumbling Sea Mauville, assessing the damages and what needed to be done. Some of the supporting pillars were getting ready to collapse, where just below in the shallows an entire coral reef environment was threatened if the structure couldn't be stabilized. Pokémon were frantic, some aggressive, others needed to be moved so that the structure could be taken care of, it was certainly not a one person job.[break][break]
Glancing out to the call of her name, Yuina was glad to see that her call for aid was answered, the operation was already spread so thin trying to salvage the entirety of the massive sanctuary, and yet there were still going to be invaluable losses.[break][break]
"Yes, thanks for coming, wasn't sure there was much more time," Yuina returned, looking out to the girl and the Empoleon that accompanied her. She looked... familiar? But only just, there were a lot of faces in a lot of different places around Hoenn.[break][break]
"The reef can be saved, but we have to make sure we get and keep pokemon out of the area just in case... We have to maintain a perimeter so that we can try to reinforce the structure above before it collapses."

notes[break]
36. Organize and manage logistics of the operation.[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 5:17:01 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
"Perfect!" Cass says with relief that she's found the right person, "I'm Cassandra, but you can just call me Cass." She listens carefully to Yuina's explanation about the coral reef, nodding as she takes out another pokéball and pokémon. "I think my Comfey's Aromatherapy can help with calming people down?" she suggests, letting Martin appear in a beam of red light.

He greets the new faces with a friendly, but slightly shy coo, while Xinlan simply nods in an attempt to look cool. "I should've brought more water pokémon if I knew ..." she murmurs, before shaking her head. "Okay, Martin, let's do an Aromatherapy! We'll hit at least the ones that come up for air here then."

The fairy nods, seemingly taking a deep breath before shaking his flowers a little bit and starting to spread a sweet and soft scent - a soothing allure, which seems to successfully relax most of the pokémon around them. "... actually, where should we relocate them for now?"

06. Use non-lethal methods to calm or capture rogue pokemon.

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 19:32:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Regarding the girl and her Comfey that emerged, Yuina nodded as she sat up on Daikenki's back.[break]
"Cass, it's good to meet you. I think that's a great place to start," Yuina offered, nodding along and giving Cass the room to work with her Comfey. Getting the Pokémon calmed and less frantic was a good way to start making sure they could be moved to safety while they work, and sure enough it was just what they needed. The surrounding Pokémon were well placated, the drastic shifts in their environment drifting away into the ease of the Aromatherapy.[break][break]
"There's another sand drift a dozen or so yards that way, at least until we can assess if this area will be safe for them or not, they should be good there," Yuina returned, the next break in the coral reef where the water got just a little bit deeper was just a little ways off from them. That said, it was time to start assessing if they could truly secure the area or if it would be best to make sure they could find another environment for the Pokémon.[break][break]
Yuina drew out another Pokeball, maintaining her position on Daikenki, and in tandem with opening the pokeball she tapped at the tera orb she kept at her belt. In a flash of blue light, Heizen the Heatran emerged in the shallows, glittering in Water Tera energy, and thus, uninhibited by the surrounding water.[break][break]
"Heizen, lets see what we can do," Yuina directed, knowing that his molten steel and magma might be just the trick. He released a glob of it over the nearest structural pillar, and it glowed bright with heat, before beginning to cool against the sea breezes.

notes[break]
16. Reinforce buildings or other structures with your pokemon.[break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 13:32:18 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass seems rather pleased with the compliment and nods as Martin works his magic. She also nods again as Yuina tells her that there's a sand bank that they could use for now, and she nods at Martin and Xinlan to start floating and swimming towards the area. "Alright, let's hang tight for now here ... Martin, you think you got it handled?" she asks, before also contemplating briefly. "If you need backup, here's Tin and Matheo. I think they should also be able to help you with the pokémon."

After another nod from her Comfey, she gestures for Xinlan to swim back towards Yuina again, who. "Woah ...." Cass murmurs. "That's really clever," she comments as she's come closer, after the Heatran has used its powers to reinforce some of the structures. "I didn't think you could use Tera like that, too. ... not that I've ever used it at all, t-b-h."

"How's the coral reef doing?" she then also asks atop of her Empoleon, who briefly dips her head into the water to have a look at the situation underwater.

38. Manage and guide hordes of pokemon to safety.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 17:41:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Trusting that the Pokemon were being tended to and taken care of, Yuina wanted to encourage Cass to take that part of the mission as her own and see to it that all was well.[break][break]
"Your Pokemon are doing great work leading the way and making sure everyone gets to safety. Keep that up so we can make sure the structure is sound," Yuina offered as the handful of Pokemon that Cass did have with her worked together to move the Pokemon to safety.[break][break]
Keeping a close eye on Heizen, watching his progress, Yuina too just wanted to make sure that the terastilazation energy was in fact keeping him safe and unmarred by the water that lapped at his legs. Truly, the energy, the manifestation of a particular type of Pokemon was astounding.[break][break]
"Well, unique problems necessitate unique solutions... Terastalization has its own set of problems seeping into the region, but so does everything else really," Yuina offered, neither showing a for or against stance on the phenomena, just acknowledging its existence. As she dove deeper into her studies of the instability of the ecology of the region, there were drawbacks, for many things. It was just a matter of being mindful about what kind of impacts any one phenomena could have.[break][break]
"But, we cannot come to find solutions for things like Terastalization and Tera Crystals if we don't work to understand it. Work like this is very important," she finished, knowing that there were Tera Crystals deep beneath the water's surface that were breaching the hulls of the various portions of sea mauville. One of the many, many ongoing problems that were being left unchecked...

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 11:22:58 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass glances towards Martin at Yuina's compliment, who seems to be blushing slightly as he continues to guide the pokémon using his Aromatherapy. She nods, too, and then looks at the structure in question again - and at the large building that is Sea Mauville. "Do you know what happened? If anything's ... known at all."

She nods at Yuina's words about terastallation however, agreeing even if she lacks the specific expertise one would need to actually talk about this in a scientifical manner. "That is true ... there's maybe something of an opportunity within a problem. Or something." She smiles a bit lopsidedly, as she probably also sounded a bit pretentious - which, frankly, not too rare of an occurance. You gotta survive posh private school somehow.

"I just wish it wouldn't always be so ... ... big." Fancy words leave her here, as she observes the water's surface, and calls for Yuri, her Dewgong, to swim down below and see if there's anything concerning. However, she might've imagined the crystal glow that comes from deep below, as she turns back to Yuina. "Is there anything left to do, or do you think we're wrapping up here?" It appears to her that the situation might be steady now, or at least more steady compared to before ...

But Xinlan, on whose back Cass rides right now, gives a warning shout, just moments before something surfaces from below - an angry Corsola, seemingly frightened and scared and mad about the sudden changes in their environment!

27. Handle encounters with hostile individuals or pokemon.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 16:07:03 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Watching Heizen's work carefully, it seemed that at least for now, until greater restoration efforts could be brought underway, that everything would be stable to maintain the reef. Yuina looked back towards Cass as Daikenki turned and shifted in the water.[break]
"We're not one hundred percent sure, no... Tera Crystals had started to breech the hull below, damaging the already frail structures, but, there still seems like there could be more to it," Yuina returned, this was an awfully convenient time to try and cause issues right when the region was preparing for war...[break][break]
"I think we're going to be all set, we could start bringing the Pokemon back over this way to get them resituated," Yuina offered as Heizen rumbled awash in blue crystal, the Heatran had done his work and each of the supporting beams was now bolstered with a new coating of molten steel. One such Pokemon though was making itself known, a disgruntled Corsola splashing through the water. Daikenki barked, sloshing around in the shallow waters as the coral made its grievances known, but the Samurott reached out with a paw to try and gain the rock's attention, to try and calm it down.

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 9:27:11 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass nods with a thoughtful expression on her face at Yuina's words. "So it's not just me ... that something lingers in the air," she murmurs, almost more to herself - but still fairly audible. It's odd, having this feeling rest in her bones as if the world itself is preparing itself for this next arc - if they were a story.

Nothing more and nothing less than that as their task here slowly wraps up. However, not without more incidents, of course. An angry Corsola finds itself confronted with an Empoleon, and then quickly the Hisuian Samurott who tries to calm it down. The Corsola hisses (as a Corsola can), seemingly lurging forward to attack ... before it simply bursts out in tears, upset as it takes seat on the Samurott.

Cass blinks.

"That's ... unexpected. I think I saw some Corsolas in the herd before, too, maybe one of them knows this one ... is it a young one, what do you think?" Cass wonders as she waves at Martin to herd the other pokémon over now that the structures reinforced and safe.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 4:26:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Agitated and upset as it was, the poor Corsola's final breakdown was completely merited. The entire situation was very distressing, and it was no wonder that any one Pokemon would be hurt and upset at everything that was happening. They couldn't blame the small coral one bit.[break][break]
As it broke down to cry, Daikenki moved forward to comfort the rock type as Yuina looked back out to Cass. It was time to try and bring around the Pokemon that they had had to move while they worked and make sure they could get situated and settled again.[break]
"I'm sure it's school was moved before, and it might have gotten separated. That could be why it's so upset," she wondered, sympathizing with the small pokemon.[break][break]
"We'll keep a close eye on this one and make sure we can get it back with it's group while the Pokemon come back this way, and then I'm sure all will be right with the world."

notes[break]
--[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[WOPS] yuina & cass #3
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 4:59:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven